Thursday, July 16, 2009

Writing Schedule (005)

I made a decision. I am going to write the psychological thriller for my next assignment. I have decided to do this because I already have a rough treatment for the project. I am going to attempt to make the jump from this rough treatment to a rough draft at a clip of three pages per workday. I’ve actually already started and I’m moving along at a decent pace. My treatment is not as fleshed out as I would like, so I expect there to be a lengthy rewrite process after I finish the rough draft.

Psychological Thriller (PT) Writing Schedule:

July 17th .......... Page 30
July 24th ......... Page 45
July 31st .......... Page 60
August 7th .......... Page 75
August 14th .......... Page 90
August 21st .......... Complete Rough Draft
September 11th .......... Complete First Draft
September 23rd .......... Complete Second Draft


If I find that I continue to move along at a good pace, I will try to work on my romantic comedy outline simultaneously. I have never committed to working on two projects at the same time, but it would be beneficial if I want to reach my more long term writing goals. If I follow this schedule, I would hope to have a “showable” draft of the PT script by the autumnal equinox (9/23). Then I could spend the entire fall working on the RomCom (ok, I think I hate that term).


Long Term Writing Schedule:

September 23rd 2009 .......... Psychological Thriller
December 25th 2009 .......... Romantic Comedy
March 21st 2010 .......... Another Script TBD
Spring 2010 .......... Outline Lebanon Script
Summer 2010 .......... Write Lebanon Script
Summer 2011 .......... Direct Lebanon Film
Fall 2012 .......... “Make it” in the film business

3 comments:

  1. I've put these dates in my iCal. I will hold you to them. If you are late, it will be at the cost of one digit per diem, a la yaukuza style. Starting with your pinkies.

    Patrick Liem
    (I also wanted to be first to comment on your blog- in case you become famous I will have at least one story to tell grand children and/or random people on the street when they put quarters in my emptied tin of Campbell's Cream of Corn Soup. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its also my birthday today. Tell Debbie I said hi. I thought this would be a super cool way of replying to her very kind voicemail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! It's so interesting to see how people break down the actual work of writing. I'm curious about a few things 1) is this how you went about writing your previous scripts? 2) do you plan to go back and reread (and edit?) what you've already written while you're adding more or do you plan to just get the full page count before you do any editing? and 3) Do you know what point in the story you should be at by certain pages, or are you just going to figure it out as you go?

    -kayleigh

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed! Please do not mention by name any person, company, or title associated with the writing projects referenced in this blog.