Friday, August 7, 2009

Knock on Partical Board? (012)

The "no funk" routine seems to be working, knock on wood. Wait, is IKEA furniture acceptable for knocking on wood? Because everything in my office comes from IKEA and I'm pretty sure there is synthetic resin in everything they make. I feel like you need to knock on a solid piece of wood, not wood chips, saw dust and synthetic resin. Sometimes I knock on my head after I say "knock on wood" as a self-deprecating insinuation that my brain is made of wood. I don't think that counts either.

As I was saying, waking up at 8am and getting to work by 9am has made me much more productive. (You can tell by the lack of blog entries this past week). It has also put me in a better mood. I've spent the mornings reworking my psychological thriller (PT) outline. I also found time to watch "Don't Look Now," that 1973 Nicolas Roeg film. I find it to be one of the scariest movies of all time and I wanted to watch it for inspiration. I think I'm finally at a place where I can start writing the script again. In general, the mornings have been dedicated to my PT script, and I've spent the afternoons making notes on my girlfriend's one woman show. She put up the show almost two years ago, but she is looking to bring it back and I hope to have a bigger role in making it happen this time.

My relatively good mood remains, despite the fact that we are still waiting to hear back about our sitcom pilot (SP1). It has been two weeks and we still don't know if the enthusiastic production company we pitched would like to move forward with SP1. What is taking them so long? I'm getting impatient.

Another production company recently passed on Sitcom Pilot 2 but maintained that they would potentially still like to be involved in SP1. I'm not really sure what that even means. I'm just going to trust that my manager and young producer have it under control as I keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed! Please do not mention by name any person, company, or title associated with the writing projects referenced in this blog.